HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — The community is reacting to the third deadly crash involving a law enforcement officer this year.
An Horry County officer was killed in a crash Tuesday afternoon on Hwy 22 near Hwy 17 in Horry County. The officer was identified as Officer Melton “Fox” Gore.
The Marion County Sheriff’s Office, who is mourning the loss of Deputy Price, posted on Facebook that HCPD is selflessly helping them Wednesday while deputies attend Price’s funeral, even after losing Gore.
“Now to learn while they are selflessly serving us in our time of need, they have lost one of their own is an entirely new level of grief. We are stunned and at a complete loss.”
“Our thoughts and prayers are with the officers family and the Horry County Police Department,” Myrtle Beach police tweeted.
“Another tragic loss,” the North Myrtle Beach Department of Public Safety shared on Facebook. “Our thought and prayers will be with the family and Horry County Police Department. We will be here for you like you are were [sic] for us a few short days ago.”
“Our prayers go out to the family and co-workers of the fallen Horry County Police Officer killed in the line of duty this evening,” Pawleys Island police said.
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59