MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – The Horry County Coroner’s Office identified the pedestrian killed after being hit by a vehicle in Myrtle Beach.
Horry County Chief Deputy Coroner Tamara Willard says Kathleen Heru, 67, originally from Rhode Island, was killed at the scene of the crash. Heru was walking along the side of 17th Avenue South in Myrtle Beach around 7:15 a.m. Thursday when she was hit.
Myrtle Beach police are investigating.
17th Avenue South was closed from Kings Highway to Beaver Road, but was reopened at 11:50 a.m. Thursday.
At this time, no charges have been filed in the crash.
- Agencies say Super Bowl security is constantly evolving, improving to make event safer
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- Why is Harris the 49th vice president when Biden is the 46th president?
- Florida lawmaker wants to rename highway ‘President Donald J. Trump Highway’
- In hidden message on White House website, Biden calls for coders