HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – The Horry Coroner’s Office has identified the two people killed after a pick-up truck hit a tree in Horry County over the weekend.
Tristan Loggie, 21, and Taylor Mitcheltree, 21, died of injuries they sustained in the crash, which happened on Saturday morning on Nichols Highway, according to the Horry Co. Coroner’s Office. Loggie and Mitcheltree lived in the Galivants Ferry area and were engaged to be married.
Master Trooper Brian Lee, with the SC Highway Patrol, previously said a Ford F-150 was heading south on Nichols Highway, when it ran off the road and struck a tree. The crash was reported around 5:45 a.m. Saturday.
One person was ejected and another person was trapped, according to troopers. The driver of the truck and the passenger both died.
Count on News13 for updates.
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- SpaceX, NASA are ‘Go for Launch’, weather permitting
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30
- Power outage in North Myrtle Beach impacts over 2,500 customers