GALIVANTS FERRY AREA, SC (WBTW) – A log truck overturned on Highway 501 in Galivants Ferry, spilling its load.
The westbound lanes on the Horry County/Marion County line in the Galivants Ferry area were closed Tuesday morning while crews cleared the road. The call was dispatched by Horry County 911 around 8:37 a.m. Tuesday.
The driver of the truck was able to get out and was taken by Marion County EMS, according to Horry County Rescue. The driver’s injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
According to the South Carolina Highway Patrol’s website, the crash happened on Highway 501 near Arial’s Crossroads around 8:12 a.m. Tuesday.
A video sent to News13 by a viewer shows the log truck overturned and traffic stopped.
This is developing story. Count on News13 for updates as we work to learn more.
- Grand Strand fire departments train for hazmat calls
- Socastee allergist says there’s ‘a lot of uncertainty’ with proposed peanut allergy vaccine
- Road reopened after crash shut down all lanes of Robert Grissom Parkway at 501
- House Dems: Gun violence costs $200B annually
- Former Myrtle Beach Police officer’s certification revoked after lying about sexual relation with woman