FORESTBROOK, S.C. (WBTW) — Crews responded to a fire at an apartment complex in the Forestbrook area.
The 2-alarm fire was called out just before 5:30 p.m. Monday at the Claypond Commons Apartments on Rexford Court, off of Clay Pond Road, according to Tony Casey with Horry County Fire Rescue.
No one was injured in the fire, but several units were damaged, Casey said.
The Red Cross is working to assist those affected by the fire. In a news release, the Red Cross said they are helping more than 20 people.
“Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by this evening’s massive fire,” said Amy Brauner, the Executive Director of the Eastern SC Chapter. “The Red Cross remains committed to helping residents recover from the blaze.”
The cause of the fire is under investigation. Count on News13 for updates as we work to confirm more.
- Lawmaker on Trump deeming churches essential: ‘It’s not safe to be in groups of that size’
- Q&A: Hear from candidates for next sheriff of Florence County
- Horry Co. man charged after reports of alleged sexual assault of 15-year-old
- Obama on George Floyd death: ‘This shouldn’t be “normal”‘
- Deputies make multiple arrests in extensive SC child pornography investigation