UPDATE: 10:45 A.M. APRIL 10:
The search for a missing swimmer in North Myrtle Beach is now a recovery effort, according to city spokesperson Pat Dowling. “NMB Public Safety patrolled the beach all night with no sign of the missing person.”
Count on News13 for updates.
UPDATE 4/9/20 6:25 PM — The search is being suspended for the night, according to Pat Dowling, spokesperson for North Myrtle Beach.
While the search is suspended, officials will still have a presence on the beach overnight.
North Myrtle Beach and Horry County each had two boats and two jet skis in the water, and the Coast Guard had a helicopter, Dowling said.
There is no official word on the age of the man officials are looking for.
ORIGINAL STORY: NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Crews are searching for a man in the ocean in North Myrtle Beach.
A jet ski and drones are being used to search for a man in the water off 14th Ave S at the beach, according to Pat Dowling, spokesperson for North Myrtle Beach. Horry County Fire Rescue and Horry County Police Department are also assisting.
News13 is sending a crew to the scene and will provide updates as we work to learn more. This is a developing story.
- Suspect wanted in January convenience store robbery taken into custody
- CDC now projects more than 123,000 coronavirus deaths in US by mid-June
- WATCH LIVE: President Trump holds news conference in the Rose Garden
- WATCH LIVE: Fired police officer Derek Chauvin taken into custody in George Floyd’s death
- Australian zookeeper in critical condition after being mauled by lions