HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – South Carolina Highway 22 is closed in both directions due to a major crash that happened Wednesday.
The Horry County coroner has been called to the scene.
The crash happened on SC Highway 22 East directly under the SC Highway 319 overpass, between Conway and Aynor, according to spokesperson Tony Casey. It is unclear how many vehicles are involved, but one caught fire.
Cpl. Sonny Collins, with the South Carolina Highway Patrol, says a Ford Edge was traveling east on SC Hwy. 22 near the SC Hwy. 319 exit around 11:30 a.m., when it ran off the right side of the road and struck a bridge pillar. The only occupant of the vehicle was killed.
The identity of the person killed has not been released yet.
SCHP is investigating.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Body cam: Florida deputy finds missing girl in motel room with 22-year-old man she met online
- Archeologists find intact ceremonial chariot near Pompeii
- Congressman Tom Rice votes against Biden’s stimulus package
- ‘I felt terrified;’ Greenville man recounts incident that resulted in deputy’s firing and misconduct charges
- Conway Animal Hospital offers pet boarding for those impacted by flooding