HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — The Horry County Coroner’s Office has identified the man who died in a motorcycle crash on Water Tower Road.
Robert E. Malloy, age 64, of North Myrtle Beach, was pronounced dead on the scene after the motorcycle he was operating struck a deer at about 8:10 p.m. Tuesday just south of Long Bay Road, according to Deputy Coroner Chris Dontell.
SC Highway Patrol also investigated the accident. The driver was not wearing a helmet, according to SCHP.
A second person on the motorcycle was wearing a helmet and was transported to Grand Strand Medical Center for their injuries.
No other information is available at this time. Count on News13 for updates.
- Baseball legend Henry ‘Hank’ Aaron dies at age 86
- North Carolina DOT reimbursed $3M for road repairs following Hurricane Florence
- Where to get tested for COVID in our area through the end of January
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine
- CCU President, Michael Benson, tests positive for COVID-19