UPDATE: Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver said an investigation into a death in Murrells Inlet has determined the wounds were self-inflicted.
Investigators were called to a residence on Old Kings Highway on Wednesday after being notified of the death. The wounds were caused by a knife, Sheriff Weaver said.
MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – The sheriff’s office is investigating a death in Murrells Inlet.
Deputies with the sheriff’s office Criminal Investigation Division are working the scene on Old Kings Highway. The investigation was underway as of 10:50 a.m. on Wednesday.
Sheriff Carter Weaver said there is no danger to the public.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (843) 546-5102.
This is a developing story and News13 is on the way to gather more information.
- Monty Python star Terry Jones dies at 77 after battle with dementia
- Sunny and a tad warmer today, rain and 60s by Friday
- SC man charged with murder, accused of strangling his mother
- Mother accused of smothering 3 small children to death faces murder charges
- Neighbors file lawsuit, claim playground for terminally ill child was build without proper approval