UPDATE: Georgetown County Sheriff Carter Weaver said an investigation into a death in Murrells Inlet has determined the wounds were self-inflicted.
Investigators were called to a residence on Old Kings Highway on Wednesday after being notified of the death. The wounds were caused by a knife, Sheriff Weaver said.
MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – The sheriff’s office is investigating a death in Murrells Inlet.
Deputies with the sheriff’s office Criminal Investigation Division are working the scene on Old Kings Highway. The investigation was underway as of 10:50 a.m. on Wednesday.
Sheriff Carter Weaver said there is no danger to the public.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call (843) 546-5102.
This is a developing story and News13 is on the way to gather more information.
- More “non-essential” businesses close
- Allstate Insurance giving partial refunds of premiums for April and May
- Conway city leaders take precautions in the fight against the coronavirus
- SC DEW says quarantine does not qualify for unemployment
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene