Firefighter overcome by heat, taken to hospital after Pawleys Island house fire

Grand Strand

PAWLEY’S ISLAND, S.C. (WBTW) – A firefighter was overcome by heat and taken to the hospital Saturday after a house caught on fire in Pawleys Island, according to Midway Fire Rescue.

It happened at 68 Windward Way, and the firefighter is recovering after being treated at the scene and then taken to a hospital, MFR said in a post on its Twitter page.

There were no other injuries in the fire, MFR said. Count on News13 for updates.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending stories