MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Horry County police held the first part of its annual ‘Shop with a Cop’ event Saturday.
The kids who participated in the event were each given a $150 gift card to Walmart. Their families were given a food basket donated by local churches.
Donations topping $10,000 were used to fund Saturday’s event.
Several different departments- including Horry County Sheriff’s Office, CCU Dept. of Public Safety, SC Highway Patrol and Horry County Fire Rescue- volunteered for the event.
The second ‘Shop with a Cop’ event is set to be held next week on Dec. 14.
- 9th Circuit ends California ban on high-capacity magazines
- Firefighters: Playground equipment can reach dangerous temperatures, cause 2nd-degree burns in seconds
- Governor McMaster talks PPE, school reopening during visit to Johnsonville Middle School
- Coastal Carolina football to face Kansas on September 12, Jayhawks will come to Conway in 2021
- Entire Nevada neighborhood changes porch lights to blue to support law enforcement