GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – Law enforcement in Georgetown held the annual ‘Shopping with a Sheriff’ event Saturday benefiting local kids.
34 students from nine county elementary schools participated in the event. The kids were taken to Walmart by bus, where they were given gift cards to shop with.
Sheriff Carter Weaver and other deputies helped the children to shop and Walmart employees greeted them with Christmas carols and gift bags.
The students were selected to participate based on their grades, behavior and need.
- Pres. Trump, White House coronavirus task force plan Tuesday briefing
- Athletes already qualified for Tokyo Games get to keep spots
- SC Emergency Management sends out a public alert for ‘Stay at Home or Work’ order
- DHEC: 187 new cases of coronavirus in SC, 15 new in Horry Co
- DHEC updates cases by ZIP codes, through Monday, April 6