HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Horry County Fire Rescue crews responded to five structure fires related to possible lightning strikes Monday evening, according to Tony Casey with Horry County Fire Rescue.
All five calls were dispatched between 5:25 p.m. and 5:57 p.m. The structure fires were reported at homes on Jones Road, Churchill Downs Drive, Shoreward Drive, Stonebrook Drive, and Walcott Drive, Casey said.
Investigators determined the fire on Churchill Downs was due to a lightning strike, according to HCFR. Five people were displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross.
Churchill Downs Drive:
All of the calls are reported to be related to lightning strikes. No other details are available at this time. Count on News13 for updates.
- Car in ditch forces lane closure on Hwy 90
- Nuclear testing: ‘Why do we need to start a new arms race?’
- South Carolina agents look for man who burned police car
- Police: Rape suspect, freed due to coronavirus, kills accuser
- Two charged after shooting in MUSC Marion Medical Center parking lot