HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — The Horry County Police Department issued a warning about a viral Facebook “game” Thursday.
In the “game,” users copy and paste a post and fill in information about themselves, such as their favorite color, name of their first pet, and other similar questions. HCPD said it’s not a good idea to give out that information as it can easily be used to steal identities.
A lot of these questions are often used as security questions on websites, and by providing answers to these, it makes it easier for scammers to get into your account.
“It’s also pretty simple–just don’t give your information out and others can’t use it to steal your identity,” HCPD said.
- Florida woman, 20, electrocuted by downed power lines trying to escape car after tree fell on it
- Coroner IDs person killed in Darlington County shooting Saturday
- One injured in motorcycle crash in Loris
- Prince Harry to attend Philip’s funeral, Meghan to stay home per doctor’s orders
- National Weather Service confirms overnight EF-1 tornado in upstate South Carolina