HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — Horry County Schools’ superintendent received a “highly effective” rating in an annual evaluation and a contract extension, according to the district.
The Horry County Board of Education reviews the superintendent’s performance every year to see if the superintendent meets expectations. The board feels that the district continues to perform well and is “headed in the right direction” with Dr. Rick Maxey as superintendent.
Maxey received an additional year on his contract, which will now expire on June 30, 2024.
- Gov. McMaster shows up for jury duty
- Former Horry County Sheriff dies leaving behind legacy of more than 30 years of service
- Former Williamsburg County detention officer charged with misconduct over sexual relationship
- People magazine reveals its ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Families who qualify for food stamps in North Carolina to receive more money for food in December