LORIS, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead following a crash in Horry County Thursday night.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says it happened around 8:15 p.m. along Highway 9 Bypass near Liberty Church Road. That’s about 4 miles east of Loris.
Horry County Fire Rescue reports this was a single-vehicle crash. The vehicle hit a tree.
Lance Corporal Tyler Tidwell says the vehicle was a 2006 Pontiac G6. The driver, who was wearing a seat belt according to troopers, died after the Pontiac ran off the road and slammed into the tree. The driver died on the scene. No one else was in the vehicle.
We’re awaiting an update from the Horry County Coroner’s Office on the name of the victim. Count on News13 for updates.
- Newsfeed Now: Senators to be sworn in for impeachment, 40-year-old message in a bottle discovered in lake
- Conway lawyer charged with first-degree domestic violence
- Brother-sister duo open liquid nitrogen ice cream shop with a twist in Myrtle Beach
- Analysis: Brady’s NFC championship turned on 2 crucial calls
- Active weather Wednesday ahead!