LORIS, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead following a crash in Horry County Thursday night.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol says it happened around 8:15 p.m. along Highway 9 Bypass near Liberty Church Road. That’s about 4 miles east of Loris.
Horry County Fire Rescue reports this was a single-vehicle crash. The vehicle hit a tree.
Lance Corporal Tyler Tidwell says the vehicle was a 2006 Pontiac G6. The driver, who was wearing a seat belt according to troopers, died after the Pontiac ran off the road and slammed into the tree. The driver died on the scene. No one else was in the vehicle.
We’re awaiting an update from the Horry County Coroner’s Office on the name of the victim. Count on News13 for updates.
- Interview sparks speculation Parris Island base could be closing
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
- Dr. Fauci: U.S. still in the first wave, seasonal ‘challenge’ lies ahead
- ‘They were waiting for him’: Man acquitted of murder is shot hours after his release from jail
- 4 injured in crash near Socastee; drivers asked to avoid area