HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) - The results of the Horry County Councilman race are going into a recount Saturday morning after the race results are still undetermined.
Friday morning, the results of the race showed that Johnny Gardner had beat incumbent Mark Lazarus by a less than one percent margin in Tuesday's race for Horry County Councilman.
However, it was later discovered that 209 votes had been left unaccounted for in district 104.
Once a recount which included the new votes took place, the results of the race were still the same, showing Gardner beating Lazarus, but this time by 111 votes.
The state brought in auditors to certify the recount vote numbers, however, as of 7:30 p.m., that still had not happened.
Horry County officials are expecting a similar result to the race.
"Give or take one, or two, they shouldn't change a whole lot," says Sandy Martin, director of Horry County Voter Headquarters.
They are expecting the new numbers to be certified tonight and to begin the recount Saturday at 8 a.m.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Education students speak out about South Carolina's high turnover rate for teachers
- Total lunar eclipse meets supermoon Sunday night
- SC inmates may soon get tablets; would be funded through subscription plans purchased by inmates
- Federal workers caught in the middle apply for unemployment
- National Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.