NORTH MYRTLE BEACH AREA, SC (WBTW) – Horry County police are investigating after human remains were found.
The remains were found on Friday morning in a lot off of Robert Edge Parkway near Old Sanders Drive, according to Kelly Moore, with Horry County.
Horry County Coroner Robert Edge said remains appear to have been there for months since they have no tissue on them.
“It’s concerning to locals,” said nearby resident Wendy Fields. “You know we live just adjacent to North Myrtle Beach which is a very, very safe community, so this land out here, being so close to downtown and so close to 31, is a concern that we don’t want it to become a haven for crime activities and that sort of thing.”
An anthropologist is studying the bones to determine age, gender, race, etc., Edge said.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Horry County Rising discusses projects set to go before Planning Commission
- Florence County deputies investigate report of shooting on Albany Road; 1 person hurt
- Jury awards $10 million to Florence County woman who stepped on rusty nail at Walmart, needed amputation
- Pfizer to apply for COVID-19 booster approval for 16 and 17 year olds, report says
- North Carolina issues statewide burn ban over Pilot Mountain forest fire