HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – Police are asking golf cart owners to only use the carts to access a job, visit family, to exercise, or for essential goods and services.
All other activities are currently banned, Horry County police reminded residents on their Facebook page. The reminder came with a photo of a group of people socializing in golf carts submitted by a resident, police said.
“What does that mean? You CAN use your golf cart to check on a relative down the street, pick up a loaf and jug from the corner, or go jog at a nearby park,” the department posted. “You CANNOT use your golf cart to take a tour of the neighborhood or go to a friend’s house for a barbecue…
“The fact of the matter is that COVID-19 is in our community. Around the world, people are dying from complications of the disease. Think about that—is a joyride really worth the risk?”
- SpaceX, NASA are ‘Go for Launch’, weather permitting
- Protests over George Floyd death overwhelm authorities again
- WATCH SOON: Top doctors, mental health experts answer your questions on ‘Coronavirus House Calls’ | May 30
- Power outage in North Myrtle Beach impacts over 2,500 customers
- Another rainy day on deck