MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — Horry County School is investigating a “recent racially-offensive” social media post by a student, according to a Dec. 23 tweet from Socastee High School.
“We were disappointed, shocked, and deeply saddened by the images and language used in the post, and it does not represent the values of our school,” the post reads.
The post said that the district will take “appropriate disciplinary actions.”
“Socastee High School is committed to championing diversity, cultural awareness, civic pride while providing a nurturing environment for our students and staff,” the tweet states.
- Sunshine returns for the weekend
- Rep. Tom Rice to hold phone town hall with DHEC to answer vaccine questions
- $1 billion Mega Millions prize a result of long odds, slow sales
- Child tax credit: Biden stimulus plan could give parents $300 a month per child
- Where are the riskiest, safest places in the US for natural disasters?