UPDATE 10:30 p.m. – According to the Horry Electric Cooperative outage viewer map, power has been restored to all customers as of 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
UPDATE 7:55 p.m. – Horry Electric Cooperative is now reporting 26 customers impacted by power outages as of 7:55 p.m. Saturday.
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WTBW) – Hundreds are being impacted by power outages along the Grand Strand as a strong coastal storm brings high winds and rain.
Horry Electric Cooperative reported 683 customers impacted by power outages as of 5:25 p.m. Saturday.
The utility company’s Facebook page said it has crews on standby and are already working to repair some outages.
The post says that if customers experience an outage, they should call the power company to report it at (843) 369-2212.
Significant outages were not reported by other area utility companies as of 5:15 p.m. Saturday.
Click here for the latest forecast.
Count on News13 for updates.
- CCU to provide credit for housing, parking, dining after coronavirus outbreak changes
- 1 detained after person sustains life-threatening injuries in overnight stabbing in Myrtle Beach, police say
- New York City coronavirus deaths top 1,000
- Wimbledon canceled for 1st time since WWII because of virus
- City of Marion closes offices, recreation facilities, rentals amid virus outbreak