HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — One person was killed in a crash Tuesday evening on Hwy 544 in Horry County, according to South Carolina Highway Patrol.
The crash happened at 6:15 p.m. Tuesday near Glenmere Drive, according to SCHP.
A 2002 Harley Davidson motorcycle with 2 riders was traveling east on Hwy 544 when it struck the rear passenger side of a 2009 Subaru that was turning left onto Glenmere Drive, SCHP said. The passenger of the motorcycle was ejected and died.
The person killed has been identified as a 33-year-old woman, according to Horry County Deputy Coroner Darris Fowler. The woman’s name has not been released as the coroner’s office is still working to locate next of kin. No timeline was given for when the name and injuries will be released.
The driver of the motorcycle was taken to Grand Strand Medical Center. Neither rider was wearing a helmet.
The driver of the 2009 Subaru was taken to South Strand Medical Center, SCHP said.
As of 7 p.m., Dick Pond Road was expected to be closed for a while, according to officials on scene.
News13 is working to learn more. Count on us for updates.
This is a developing story. Refresh for updates.
- President Biden’s measures to fight climate change include freeze on new offshore drilling leases
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- Community attends prayer service on anniversary of Gannon Stauch’s disappearance
- UNCP men win the battle of I95, taking down Francis Marion, 82-80
- Bryant, South Carolina take down Georgia with ease, 83-59