MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – J.C. Penney is closing several stores around the country, including one on the Grand Strand, reports say.
USA TODAY reports the J.C. Penney location at the Myrtle Beach Mall will be one of the stores shutting its doors.
The newspaper says the retailer gave an effective closing date of April 24th.
The Myrtle Beach location is one of six reportedly shutting down.
USA TODAY says stores at the following locations will be closing come springtime:
- Missoula, Montana: Southgate Mall
- Valley Stream, New York: Green Acres Mall
- Raleigh, North Carolina: North Hills Shopping Center
- Akron, Ohio: Chapel Hill Mall
- Tulsa, Oklahoma: Tulsa Promenade
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: Myrtle Beach Mall
A call center is also slated to close.
- Jackson invited to play in the 2021 Reese’s Senior Bowl
- Horry County Schools finishes installing plexiglass in first school to prevent COVID-19 spread
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- Darlington police arrest man accused of throwing 83-year-old woman to ground, taking purse