MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - A 7-year-old girl vacationing in Myrtle Beach with her family drowned in a resort pool Monday evening, the coroner's office confirms.
Cpl. Thomas Vest, spokesperson for the Myrtle Beach Police Department, says the incident happened at the Crown Reef Resort's pool Monday between 9 and 10 p.m.
Horry County Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden says Malazya Fayall, 7, of Far Rockaway, NY, was found unresponsive underwater in the pool at the Crown Reed Resort Monday night while vacationing with family.
The little girl was transported to Grand Strand Medical Center, but died shortly after arriving, the coroner says. Fayall's death was ruled an accidental drowning.
Man charged after 2 stabbed in neck with
2 charged in connection with burglaries
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Judge jails congressional candidate through election for DUI
- Man charged after 2 stabbed in neck with scissors in Myrtle Beach
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26
- Los Angeles is first in US to install subway body scanners