HORRY COUNTY, S.C. (WBTW) — The man killed in a crash Thursday morning has been identified as 89-year-old James A. King, of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, according to Deputy Coroner Chris Dontell.
A 2011 Cadillac heading west on Secondary 922, also known as Burcale Road, crossed the center line and struck a 2002 BMW, according to SC Highway Patrol Master Trooper Brian Lee. The crash happened at about 7:57 a.m.
King was driving the BMW that was struck and died as a result of the crash, according to Trooper Lee.
The crash remains under investigation by the South Carolina Highway Patrol.
- DHEC: South Carolina surpasses 2,000 confirmed deaths due to COVID-19
- DHEC Unveils New County-Level COVID-19 Online Resource
- LIVE: Biden selects California Sen. Kamala Harris as running mate
- PAC-12 postpones all fall sports, including football
- ‘Seemed just like the flu’: 21-year-old thought he overcame mild case of COVID-19, then went into organ failure