MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Myrtle Beach police announced the name of the second officer who was shot during a shootout in Myrtle Beach Saturday.
Police identified the second officer as Andrew Wangstad, 28. Wangstad has been with MBPD for just under a year. He was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and is currently recovering, police said.
MBPD Officer Jacob Hancher was killed in the shooting. The suspect, John Aycoth, 20, was also killed.
- Biden Administration launches plan to combat PFOA pollution
- Police conduct investigation near Socastee
- Disney delays several Marvel films, including Dr. Strange 2, Black Panther sequel
- Virginia elementary school bus driver charged with DUI, child endangerment
- Best Buy rolling out Black Friday deals a day after Walmart