MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – A Myrtle Beach Police Department lieutenant has retired after 40 years.
Lt. Tommy Chestnut retired “signed off for the last time, giving his final 10-42” on Wednesday, MPBD says in a Facebook post. Chestnut joined the city in March 1980.
“Police Chief Amy Prock and dozens of fellow officers and staff were on hand at the law enforcement center” to send Lt. Chestnut off into his retirement.
- Typhoon impacts schedule for Olympic rowing events
- LeVar Burton says ‘Jeopardy!’ tapings got off to rough start: ‘Can’t let your focus drop for a nanosecond’
- 27 deaths among 1,000+ ‘breakthrough’ cases COVID-19 cases reported in Tennessee
- Michigan man carries flag for Samoa as Tokyo Olympics begin
- 16 finish firefighter recruit school, graduate during ceremonies at Horry Georgetown Technical College