UPDATE: 8:30 A.M. FRIDAY
(WBTW) – Tracy Vreeland, with Santee Cooper, tells News13 power has been restored to thousands of customers after an outage impacted more than 8,000 customers.
As of about 8:10 a.m. Friday, 1,598 customers remain without power in the North Myrtle Beach and Little River areas.
Count on News13 for updates.
(WBTW) – More than 8,000 Santee Cooper customers are without power Friday morning along the coast after overnight storms.
As of about 5 a.m., Santee Cooper reports at least 8,500 customers are without power along the coast from Surfside Beach to Little River.
Santee Cooper says crews have worked through the night and are continuing to work to restore power as quickly as possible.
Santee Cooper’s outage map can be viewed here.
Count on News13 for updates
- Got debt? Then you may be in for some unwelcome tax surprises
- Driver crashes after swerving to miss falling couch, then gets ticketed
- FBI: Suspects trained for Whitmer kidnapping in ‘kill house’
- How the 3 COVID-19 vaccines compare
- South Carolina couple picks up winning lottery ticket during quick trip to the grocery store