MURRELLS INLET, SC (WBTW) – The owner of Uncle Mikey’s Pizza in Murrells Inlet has been working this week to make sure kids have something to eat.
Mike Zalloum says he won’t let children go hungry due to the school closures.
“I am blessed by God and he gave me more than I deserve, and I want to do something for the kids, I know a lot of kids are suffering,” he said. “If they come here and eat, at least it will take a little bit of stress out of them and it will make them feel better and they’ll have something to do.”
He’s giving all students a free slice while they’re out of school.
Zalloum didn’t specify children ages, so go try to claim your slice before your e-learning class.
In a Facebook post, Uncle Mikey’s Pizza says Horry and Georgetown county students can come in during lunch for a slice of pizza while schools are closed with their school ID.
Aromas Pizza, Pasta and Subs, also in Murrells Inlet, says in a Facebook post they are offering food to children in kindergarten through 12th grade.
“With schools closing for the next couple of weeks we don’t want the kids in our community to go hungry, especially if they rely on school lunch,” Aromas’ post said. “For kids K-12 we are offering a free slice and drink until schools reopen.”
- Duke Energy explains how North Carolina dams, watershed have contributed to Horry County flooding
- Body found by railroad tracks in Georgia turns out to be sex doll
- Tracking the Tropics, Week 7: beach renourishment & hurricane shelters amid COVID-19
- SCHSL to meet Wednesday to discuss the status of high school football, fall sports
- 2 wanted, one in custody in connection with ‘large fight’ on Ocean Blvd