MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — The City of Myrtle Beach is canceling the summer day camps at Pepper Geddings and Mary C. Canty Recreation Centers due to COVID-19 concerns, according to city officials.
A camp counselor tested positive for COVID-19, prompting the city to make their decision. Four children also missed recent days due to positive testing in their homes, according to city officials.
Parents are being notified on Sunday that camps have ended.
- Morikawa builds big lead at Muirfield Village before storms
- Deputies: Lumberton residents charged for illegal gambling machines
- New Lay’s flavored after beloved dishes at iconic American restaurants
- Myrtle Beach hotels restructure operations, adopt new cleaning procedures amid COVID-19
- Amazon says email to employees banning TikTok was a mistake