MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Several running events in Myrtle Beach will impact traffic on Saturday.
The Myrtle Beach Marathon, half marathon, and 5K races will be held Saturday morning, according to the website for the events.
Both the marathon and half marathon events begin at 7 a.m. on Grissom Parkway near 21st Avenue North, Myrtle Beach City Government says in a Facebook post. The following intersections will be impacted by these events:
- 21st Avenue North and Grissom Parkway
- 29th Avenue North and Grissom Parkway
- Mr. Joe White Avenue and Oak Street
- Mr. Joe White Avenue and Kings Highway
The 5K race will begin at 8 a.m. along the boardwalk at the Myrtle Beach Pavilion, according to the event’s website.
“Please be patient and plan to share the road with runners or seek an alternate route,” the post says. “Expect possible congestion between 4:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., and expect delays on Kings Highway, Ocean Boulevard, Farrow Parkway, Grissom Parkway.”
Visitors are reminded “to park on the west side of Ocean Boulevard Friday afternoon or evening, as you won’t easily be able to cross the boulevard with your car during race hours on Saturday.”
“Parking along Ocean Boulevard will be prohibited after 1:00 a.m. on Saturday, and northbound traffic will not be allowed on Ocean Boulevard during the race,” the post adds. “As soon as the last runner passes, city crews will be collecting traffic control devices and opening up roadways and intersections, once the race has cleared the area.”
- Bullet that injured Knoxville officer not from student’s handgun, per TBI’s preliminary findings
- Murrells Inlet resident Charlie Rymer’s golf show to debut on CBS Sports Network April 19
- FBI: Mexican cartels recruiting members inside U.S. prisons
- Teacher among 2 killed in Mexican drug cartel shootout in North Carolina
- North Carolina man shot at his home two weeks ago killed in second shooting