NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – North Myrtle Beach city leaders passed changes to oceanfront parking on Monday.
People who live in the city can apply for two complimentary parking decals. They also can get a third decal for $200 a year.
City property owners who do not live in North Myrtle Beach will get a free decal and a second one for $200 for any golf cart or vehicle. Right now, they can only get one free decal for a golf cart, if it’s registered to their North Myrtle Beach address.
People who live in Horry County can also buy a decal.
The city will start accepting parking decal applications on Monday, Feb. 24 at city hall.
The city also will begin charging $2 an hour for certain side street parking. “They’re looking at introducing $2 per hour paid parking on some of the side streets, in order to move people towards the oceanfront parking lots,” city spokesperson Pat Dowling said in a previous meeting.
- DHEC reports 451 new COVID-19 cases as 3 million vaccine doses given out
- Florence 1 Schools doubles, triples bus routes as drivers are out
- Living Local Carolina: Check Out These Great Ideas For Mother’s Day From Style Expert Alle Fister of Bollare!
- 11-year-old girl dies trying to save her puppies from house fire at Florida RV resort, family says
- US ranks last in the world for paid time off for new moms