NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – North Myrtle Beach city leaders passed changes to oceanfront parking on Monday.
People who live in the city can apply for two complimentary parking decals. They also can get a third decal for $200 a year.
City property owners who do not live in North Myrtle Beach will get a free decal and a second one for $200 for any golf cart or vehicle. Right now, they can only get one free decal for a golf cart, if it’s registered to their North Myrtle Beach address.
People who live in Horry County can also buy a decal.
The city will start accepting parking decal applications on Monday, Feb. 24 at city hall.
The city also will begin charging $2 an hour for certain side street parking. “They’re looking at introducing $2 per hour paid parking on some of the side streets, in order to move people towards the oceanfront parking lots,” city spokesperson Pat Dowling said in a previous meeting.
- 6th-grade teacher in NC charged with multiple child sex crimes thanks to cyber tip
- Trump’s unemployment benefit orders ‘are complete mess’
- Scattered thunderstorms each afternoon
- Inmate sues for masks to be distributed to all prisoners at J. Reuben Long
- Robeson County Sheriff’s Office needs help identifying suspects in unsolved homicides