NORTH MYRTLE BEACH AREA, SC (WBTW) - Walmart stores in the Grand Strand area are closing ahead of Hurricane Florence.
In a letter to customers posted on the North Myrtle Beach Walmart's Facebook page, Walmart Stores Inc., announced all local stores will be closed starting Monday at 11:30 p.m.
"In light of the approaching hurricane and updated notices regarding mandatory and voluntary evacuations we have made a decision to close all local Walmart store locations," the letter reads. "As our friends and neighbors we truly hope that you all remain safe during this storm and after."
Walmart asks customers to check store specific Facebook pages or to call stores to check when stores have reopened.
Stay with the WBTW News13 on-air, online and on Facebook for updates on Hurricane Florence.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- The Latest: US congratulates Maldives, notes opposition win
- At UN, unrepentant Trump set to rattle foes, friends alike
- The Latest: Lions lead Patriots 10-0 early in 2nd quarter
- Florence the week after: Thousands brace for more flooding