NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) - An Ohio man died Tuesday after being pulled from the ocean near North Beach Plantation Sunday afternoon.
According to Horry County Deputy Coroner Michelle McSpadden, 45-year-old Tyrone Tiggs, of Mayfield Heights, OH, was at the beach with his family near Ocean Creek Resort. Around 12 p.m., a swimmer notified a lifeguard of something in the water near North Beach Plantation.
Tiggs was pulled from the water and taken to Grand Strand Medical Center but died Tuesday. His death was ruled an accidental drowning.
Horry County and North Myrtle Beach Department of Public Safety Beach Patrol conducted a joint investigation.
Man charged after 2 stabbed in neck with
2 charged in connection with burglaries
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Pentagon spokeswoman under inspector general investigation
- Man charged after 2 stabbed in neck with scissors in Myrtle Beach
- Italian bridge collapse sends cars plunging, killing 26
- Los Angeles is first in US to install subway body scanners