UPDATE: Horry County Deputy Coroner Patty Bellamy has identified the person who died in a late-night crash in Loris on Tuesday.
Joseph Gaskins, 51, of Green Sea, died from injuries he sustained in the single-vehicle crash on Cox Road in Loris.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is the investigating the crash.
LORIS, SC (WBTW) – One person is dead following a crash Tuesday night in Horry County.
According to South Carolina Highway Patrol, the crash happened at around 10:20 p.m. Tuesday on Cox Road near West Dogwood Road. The crash involved a Ford Mustang that was traveling west on Cox Road. The Mustang ran a stop sign and struck a street sign before stopping in a culvert.
Highway Patrol says the driver was entrapped for a time and that the driver was the only one in the car at the time. The driver was wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash.
Count on News13 for updates on this story.
- Appalachian State hands Coastal their third straight loss, 78-58
- MUSC hopes to learn more about autism through research study
- North Carolina community helps 1950s victim of attempted lynching as he’s being forced from home
- Hundreds show support as check is presented to family of airport officer Jackson Winkeler
- Classes canceled at Duke University’s Kunshan campus in China due to coronavirus