GARDEN CITY, SC (WBTW) – One person has been taken to a hospital after what police call a ‘traffic incident’ involving an Horry County police vehicle.
It happened near Holly Avenue according to information HCPD posted online Sunday morning.
The person was taken to a hospital by Murrells Inlet-Garden City Fire Rescue. No one with the department was hurt.
🚨TRAFFIC INCIDENT🚨— Horry County PD (@horrycountypd) May 24, 2020
S.C. Highway Patrol is investigating after a traffic incident near Holly Ave. involving an HCPD vehicle.
One person was transported by @MIGCFR.
No HCPD personnel were injured.
HCPD Professional Standards Division will also be conducting an investigation. pic.twitter.com/p2IDy83FND
Beachgoer Megan Lee said she saw the whole thing unfold.
“She was sitting maybe 10-15 yards away from me,” she said. “I saw the police SUV coming down the beach from the south. I don’t know if he didn’t see her or what but he just kept going straight for her. I heard the chair crunch and her screaming.”
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating, the department said. HCPD Professional Standards Division will also be investigating.
Count on News13 for updates as more information is released.
- Floodwaters from Hurricane Isaias carry Jeep blocks away on Oak Island
- Florence man faces 20 charges of child porn, up to 200 years in prison
- SEC announces new fall preseason practice schedule
- NC Gov. Cooper, emergency management officials giving update on Isaias
- DHEC: 52 additional confirmed deaths in South Carolina reported today