NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Horry County police have identified the suspect in a pursuit early Saturday morning.
Shaki Brave, 19, of Georgetown, has been charged with failure to stop for blue lights, driving under suspension, failure to display drivers license, open container in vehicle and operating an uninsured vehicle, Horry County police spokesperson Mikayla Moskov said.
Police say the pursuit was near North Highway 17 and Sea Mountain Highway after the suspect fled a traffic stop.
The suspect later lost control of the vehicle at an exit ramp and crashed into a wooded area, according to HCPD. The suspect was taken into custody after a brief foot chase, police say.
Online records show that Brave was booked into jail at 3:21 a.m. and was released just after 11 a.m. Saturday. Bond for all five charges was set at a total of $2,100, booking records say.
Police added that vehicle occupants were transported, treated for minor injuries and later released.
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is investigating the wreck. Count on News13 for updates.
- LIVE UPDATES: NASA making second attempt at historic launch of crewed SpaceX mission
- PHOTOS: Protesters in SC Upstate respond to George Floyd’s death
- Where you can fly to from MYR in June
- SC leaders react to George Floyd’s death, protests
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting