UPDATE: 12:45 P.M. FRIDAY:
Highway 57 in Horry County near the state line has reopened, according to Horry County Fire Rescue.
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – An overturned 18-wheeler has closed a section of Highway 57 in Horry County near the South Carolina/North Carolina state line.
Horry County Fire Rescue crews were dispatched by Horry County 911 around 7:50 a.m. Friday for an 18-wheeler on its side, HCFR said. The overturned 18-wheeler is impacting nearby utility lines.
No injuries were reported.
Utility crews and the SC Department of Public Safety is also on scene.
HCFR says the section of Hwy. 57 “will be closed for some time.”
- Warmer today with better rain chances
- New Horry County ‘alternative school’ design approved, costs $5 million more than expected
- North Myrtle Beach passes oceanfront parking changes
- Loris & Socastee name new high school football coaches
- UNC squanders double-digit lead in 6th straight loss, 77-76, at Notre Dame