GEORGETOWN, SC (WBTW) – A bicyclist was hit by a car Tuesday night in Georgetown and taken to the hospital, police say.
Captain Nelson Brown with Georgetown police says a man was hit by a car in front of the Bojangles’ at 1305 North Fraser Street. Capt. Brown says he was riding a bicycle with no reflectors on it. The driver of the car was pulling into the median and ‘bumped him’, according to Capt. Brown.
The bicyclist was hospitalized but apparently has no life-threatening injuries, according to Capt. Brown.
The driver will not be charged in the incident.
- LIVE: Horry County’s update on coronavirus efforts
- Lowe’s will close stores Easter Sunday to give employees ‘much-deserved day off’
- LIVE NOW: US coronavirus death toll tops 11,000
- Woman apprehended after escaping custody in Florence County, sheriff’s office says
- Worker at Georgia-Pacific Darlington plant tests positive for COVID-19