GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A primary election will be held Tuesday night for a new Georgetown County Sheriff.
According to election records, the candidates for the primary election are Carter Weaver and Darryel C. Carr, both Republicans.
There is currently no official Democratic challenger on the ballot for February 4’s special election as Birt Adams failed to file the proper paperwork, according to Jackie Broach, with Georgetown County.
Broach said this doesn’t necessarily mean the winner of Tuesday’s Republican primary will be unopposed in February’s election as there’s always a possibility for write-ins.
This election comes after the death of Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb in September.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs
- Myrtle Beach starts construction on new walking path around Thunderbolt Park Lake
- Clemson researchers prepare for next steps after more than 600 possible unmarked graves found
- ‘Out on the town’: 200-pound tortoise back home after escaping Alabama pen
- Florence County deputies investigate deadly Monday night shooting