GEORGETOWN COUNTY, SC (WBTW) – A primary election will be held Tuesday night for a new Georgetown County Sheriff.
According to election records, the candidates for the primary election are Carter Weaver and Darryel C. Carr, both Republicans.
There is currently no official Democratic challenger on the ballot for February 4’s special election as Birt Adams failed to file the proper paperwork, according to Jackie Broach, with Georgetown County.
Broach said this doesn’t necessarily mean the winner of Tuesday’s Republican primary will be unopposed in February’s election as there’s always a possibility for write-ins.
This election comes after the death of Georgetown County Sheriff Lane Cribb in September.
Count on News13 for updates.
- WATCH LIVE: House Democrats to unveil 2 impeachment articles against President Trump
- Pelosi expected to announce endorsement of modified North American trade pact
- PHOTOS: Officials target over 30 suspected criminals in Georgetown County
- Couple attends NC hospital tree lighting to honor their newborn triplets who died
- Where you can give your input on the future of parks, recreation and sports tourism in Myrtle Beach