MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – One person is recovering after being rescued from their vehicle which was submerged in a pond.
The incident happened around 4:25 p.m. Saturday at a pond near 1100 Jetport Road in Myrtle Beach, according to a Facebook post from Horry County Fire Rescue.
HCFR responded alongside Myrtle Beach Fire Rescue. Two rescue swimmers were sent to save the driver of the vehicle, according to Lt. Evans of Myrtle Beach fire.
The driver was transported to Grand Strand Regional Medical Center, where they are receiving treatment.
- Officer suspended for blaring ‘Trump 2020’ from NYPD vehicle
- Panthers fall late to the Saints, 27-24
- Clemson remains #1 in AP poll, Coastal moves up to 20th
- Vice President Pence to visit SC on Tuesday
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Alabama plane crash