SOCASTEE, S.C. (WBTW) — Santee Cooper reported more than 10,000 customers were without power in Socastee after a storm rolled through the area.
According to Santee Cooper, there were 10,185 customers affected. As of 7:15 p.m., power has been restored to all but approximately 1,000 customers in the Socastee area.
Several traffic lights may also be out in the area. Intersections with malfunctioning traffic lights should be treated as four-way stop signs.
In addition to Socastee, about 700 customers are without power in the Garden City area.
Count on News13 for updates.
- Ohio governor’s COVID-19 results show tests imperfections
- Car in ditch forces lane closure on Hwy 90
- Nuclear testing: ‘Why do we need to start a new arms race?’
- South Carolina agents look for man who burned police car
- Police: Rape suspect, freed due to coronavirus, kills accuser