UPDATE: There has been a delay in opening up the bridges. The repairs were found to be a little more extensive, SCOT said, once the contractor got working on the bridge.
The bridge should be open by Friday.
SOCASTEE, SC (WBTW) – The Socastee Swing Bridge is closed due to a mechanical issue, according to the South Carolina Department of Transportation.
Although the bridge is closed to vehicle traffic, it remains open for water traffic.
SCDOT says the bridge should be opened back up by 3 p.m. per the contractor working on the bridge. There are two message boards in two locations to alert the public of the closure: one at the intersection of Forestbrook Road and Dick Pond Road and the other at the intersection of Highway 707 and Dick Pond Road. The road is open to local traffic only.
- The Blitz – Week 6 scores and highlights
- WATCH LIVE: Days before election, Graham, Harrison debate for final time at 7 tonight
- Mother of 7-year-old girl who drowned sues Myrtle Beach resort
- Friday night football match-up between Lamar High and Timmonsville High cancelled due to COVID-19
- Police: 2 wanted after robbing a Laurinburg home while heavily armed