Sparks from construction caused North Myrtle Beach resort fire, officials say

Grand Strand

Courtesy: City of North Myrtle Beach

NORTH MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — Sparks from construction caused a fire at a North Myrtle Beach resort Sunday, according to officials.

Workers were grinding metal as part of a renovation project when the sparks caused cardboard to catch fire, according to North Myrtle Beach spokesperson Pat Dowling.

The fire started in a room on the third floor. The building’s sprinkler system activated, and fire damage was confined to the unit, according to Dowling.

No one was injured.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories