SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — The Surfside Beach fire chief announced his retirement, he confirmed to News13 Thursday.
Fire Chief Kevin Otte said he will retire on Dec. 1 and wanted to give the town plenty of time to hire a new chief.
“I have decided, after giving it a lot of thought, the time is right to retire,” Otte said. “I am looking forward to it.”
The Town of Surfside Beach posted the job on its website for those interested in applying.
- Tropical Storm Epsilon takes form over Central Atlantic
- Horry County mask mandate faces renewal vote on Tuesday
- Rush Limbaugh tells listeners he’s facing ‘death sentence’ from cancer fight
- 14 days out: Does the early voting surge translate into support for Trump or Biden?
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight