SURFSIDE BEACH, SC (WBTW) — Construction on the Surfside Beach Pier may begin in either early July or August, Surfside Beach Mayor Bob Hellyer said Thursday.
The contract is currently out for bid and will be opened on May 12, Hellyer said. The town does not know the amount of the bids yet.
When the bids are opened, the town will see if they have enough funds to move forward, and if everything goes according to plan, construction on the pier will be able to start in early July or August, Hellyer said.
The construction is estimated to take around 18 months to finish. More information will be provided as it becomes available. Count on News13 for updates.
- Runners, hotels will wait longer for 2021 Myrtle Beach Marathon delayed by COVID-19
- Living Local Carolina: Help To Tackle Hunger Locally During The Souper Bowl Of Caring: A Food Drive That Lasts Until The Super Bowl
- Duke hangs on to beat Georgia Tech, ending 3-game skid
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl