SURFSIDE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) — The Surfside Beach Police Chief expressed his appreciation to the community for their “obvious compliance” with Gov. McMaster’s “Stay Home” order.
Chief Kenneth Hofmann said as he was driving around most of the day, looking for hand sanitizer for officers, he observed light traffic on the highway, and only observed a few people on the beach, as well as social distancing.
Hofmann said it’s a sign that people are taking the threat seriously.
“Most importantly, I saw people smile and wave at us, reminding me what a strong, friendly, and understanding community we have,” Hofmann said.
- Trump won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- Massachusetts man dies from eating bags of black licorice
- Watch Live: Protests break out in Louisville, more expected across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg lies in repose at U.S. Supreme Court
- Crews responding to fire at hotel in Myrtle Beach