MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Nearly 5,000 runners took part in the Myrtle Beach Marathon Saturday morning.
People came from across the country to participate in the 23rd annual event.
In the end, Matthew Leonard was named the male winner and Heather Zealand was named the female winner. Leonard had a time of 2:36:13, while Zealand’s time was 2:57:37.
This was Zealand’s first-ever marathon and Leonard’s ninth.
News13 will bring you much more coverage of the marathon tonight at 6.
- Newsfeed Now: Renewed push in Congress for LGBTQ civil rights protections; Potato Head maker says it’s keeping ‘Mr.’ and ‘Mrs.’
- Surfside Beach man arrested for burglary, kidnapping
- Horry County Schools elementary student was sexually assaulted on school bus, ‘in full view of driver,’ lawsuit claims
- Prince Harry raps ‘Fresh Prince,’ says he didn’t walk away in first interview since being stripped of royal duties
- LIVE: White House COVID-19 response team holds briefing as US approval of J&J vaccine nears