MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WBTW) – Nearly 5,000 runners took part in the Myrtle Beach Marathon Saturday morning.
People came from across the country to participate in the 23rd annual event.
In the end, Matthew Leonard was named the male winner and Heather Zealand was named the female winner. Leonard had a time of 2:36:13, while Zealand’s time was 2:57:37.
This was Zealand’s first-ever marathon and Leonard’s ninth.
News13 will bring you much more coverage of the marathon tonight at 6.
- California to end sales of new gasoline-powered cars and trucks by 2035
- Gamecocks picked to finish 5th in SEC east, three players chosen for media’s All-SEC preseason teams
- SC tax preparer arrested for assisting others with false tax returns
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- Walmart to add 20,000 seasonal jobs. Here’s how you can apply