MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WTBW) – A candlelight memorial is planned for Sunday evening to honor members of the transgender community killed in the past year.
The Transgender Day of Remembrance memorial is set to begin at 6 p.m. at Valor Park in Market Commons.
The night will start with words from its guest speakers, including Myrtle Beach Mayor Brenda Bethune.
Members of the audience will then have a chance to speak, before honoring those who have been killed by violence.
The event is being organized by T-time Myrtle Beach Transgender Support. It’s open to the public to attend.
- Hog wild: U.S. has ‘out of control’ population of ‘super-pigs,’ expert says
- Carpenters wow public with medieval techniques at Notre Dame
- A sunny, cool, and breezy Sunday on deck
- Savannah woman celebrates 105th birthday
- COVID-19 surge testing team arrives in SC capital