HORRY CO, SC (WBTW) – Two middle schools in Horry County will be switching to a distance learning model for Monday and Tuesday.
Conway Middle School and North Myrtle Beach Middle School students will make the change because of staffing shortages from teacher quarantines and an inability to provide instruction in socially-distanced settings, Horry County Schools announced on Friday.
Faculty and staff of the two schools who are not under quarantine will report to their respective buildings, according to the district. Staff and parents of these schools have been notified.
The rest of the district remains on the hybrid, in-person model for these two days.
Winter break for Horry County Schools begins on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
- North Myrtle Beach girls prepare for Thursday’s state final appearance
- Police arrest Myrtle Beach man wanted for theft, fraud charges
- Georgia Tech tops Duke in overtime to win 5th in a row
- North Myrtle Beach at-large council seat race set for runoff as no candidate crosses threshold
- Stimulus check latest: Biden urges Senate Democrats to rally behind $1.9T COVID-19 bill